We can already breathe underwater. But it requires that we strap a heavy tank on our backs and go through training. The Triton Underwater Artificial Gills are light, arrive assembled, and require no training. If they actually work... well that's a whole other conversation. According to the maker, the Triton setup extracts oxygen from the water and a micro compressor takes the oxygen and stores it — supposedly allowing you to breathe underwater for up to 45 minutes. Perfect for your commute when the rising sea levels finally make cabs and Uber extinct.
What they say; A STATE OF THE ART OXYGEN RESPIRATOR that allows you to breathe underwater by utilizing our ‘artificial gills’ technology. Swim among tropical fish, marvel at exotic coral and experience the serene beauty of marine life − without having to come up for air. Welcome to Triton.
With Triton there’s no heavy equipment, complicated safety procedures or training. It's easy to use, and no longer than a snorkel. Gently bite into the mouthpiece, breathe normally, and enjoy a sense of underwater freedom unavailable until now. Just imagine exploring gin-clear waters, alongside tropical fish, without bulky equipment or having to surface for air.
Check out the tech specs;
- Total length 29 Cm / 11.5 inches
- Total width 12 Cm / 4.5 inches
- Triton employs cutting-edge technology to produce ‘artificial gills’. The Microporous Hollow Fiber makes breathing underwater possible
- The holes of the threads are smaller than water molecules, they keep water out and let oxygen in. The micro compressor then extracts and stores the oxygen – allowing you to breathe naturally and revel in your underwater freedom.
- We are using a very powerful modified micro compressor, it compresses oxygen and stores the extracted oxygen in a storage tank. The micro compressor operates through a powerful modified lithium-ion battery.